1-8 oz container Handy Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
1-7 ounce pre-made unbaked pie crust
¾ cup milk
¾ cup gruyere cheese, shredded
¼ cup roasted or sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
¼ cup chopped cooked bacon
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰ F
- Lay the pie crust into a lightly greased 6 inch round straight-sided baking pan or an 8 inch pie pan, so that there are no bumps or wrinkles and snip off any crust that hangs over the lip of the baking dish.
- Crack the egg into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat bring the milk to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Temper the hot milk into the egg mixture a few ounces at a time, stirring all the while with a whisk. When all the milk is incorporated the mixture will be slightly thickened and fairly warm.
- Add the tomato, bacon, cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper to the milk and egg mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Pour the mixture into pan inlaid with the pie crust and gently top with the pieces of crab meat (they will partially sink, which is ok) .
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until quiche is just set and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven, let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature before attempting to cut.
- Cut the quiche into even slices, garnish each slice with fresh parsley and serve immediately.