Crab Cake Eggs Benedict
LEVEL: Intermediate 20 MINS 4 Servings
Superior Taste & Quality
You no longer have to go to a restaurant to get your favorite brunch item because you can make them in the comfort of your home! Add these ingredients together and be prepared to fall in love.
- 4 Handy Crab Cakes
- 3 Brioche Buns or English Muffins
- 4 OZ Fresh Spinach or Baby Kale
- 6 Eggs, poached
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 8 TBSP Melted Butter
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- ½ TSP Old Bay seasoning
- Cook the crab cakes according to the instructions on the package.
- Toast the brioche buns or English muffins and put two each per plates.
- Top each bun or muffin with greens, a crab cake and a poached egg, then top with a tablespoon or so of the Hollandaise
- Garnish with chives or parsley and serve warm with your favorite breakfast accompaniments.
Hollandaise Sauce Instructions
- Set up a double boiler: find a medium sized pot and a metal mixing bowl that is able to rest on the pot’s rim, then fill the pot with about two inches of water and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Off the heat, whisk the egg yolks together in the bowl and slowly add the melted butter in a thin stream while continuing to whisk vigorously.
- Once all the butter is incorporated, transfer the bowl to the pot of simmering water and continue to stir until the mixture begins to thicken. When it is thick enough that the whisk leaves trails, remove from heat, stir in the lemon and seasoning and spoon over eggs benedict, asparagus topped with crab or crispy soft shell crabs.