Cast Iron Boardwalk Crab Fries
LEVEL: Easy 4 Servings
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 - 8 oz cup Handy Crab Meat
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cups White or Yellow Cheddar
- Green Onions
- Seafood Seasoning
- Wash and cut potatoes into strips.
- Soak potatoes in cold water for at least 1 hour to remove excess starch.
- Remove potatoes from water, pat dry with paper towel.
- Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil and season with sea salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 25 mins or until golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and place fries into cast iron skillet.
Cheddar Crab Sauce and Final Steps
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp of butter. Add 2 tbsp flour, and whisk until it thickens. Add 1 1/2 cup whole milk, and whisk. Add 1 cup cheddar and stir until cheese is melted. Add 6 oz crab meat, and set aside the remaining 2 oz.
- Pour cheddar crab sauce over fries.
- Top fries with remaining cheddar and crab meat.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Garnish with seafood seasoning, green onions, and enjoy!