- 12 Gyoza wrappers (Fresh)
- 8 oz. Crab Meat (Backfin)
- 4 oz. Kimchi, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Egg White
- 1 TBSP Kewpie or Regular Mayonnaise
- ½ TSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Scallion, Finely Chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Scallions, Finely Chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- Sweet Chili Sauce – For Dipping
Method of Preparation - Pot Sticker Filling
- Place crab meat and kimchi in a shallow mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg white, mayo, soy sauce and scallions and mix lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Method of Preparation - Pot Sticker Assembly
- Place individual Gyoza wrappers on a smooth surface.
- Place 1 TSP of filling in the center of each wrapper.
- Using finger or brush – wet the edges of wrapper with water.
- Fold wrapper over into a half moon shape.
- Press out all the air and seal the edges with finger.
- Using a fork, crimp the newly closed edge until firmly sealed.
- Place pot stickers on a cornstarch lined plate and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 TBSP of oil to the pan and heat.
- Place pot stickers flat side down and cook until browned and crispy.
- Flip and lightly brown the topside.
- Add ¼ cup water to the pan and immediately cover to steam
- When most of the water is absorbed and pot stickers plump up, remove cover.
- Finish cooking to allow for the stickers to re-crisp.
- Remove and let cool for one minute.
- Garnish with finely chopped scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.