Sauteed Soft Shell Crab
LEVEL: Easy 25 MINS 2 SERVINGS
The Best Taste From The Sea
Handy Soft Shell Crabs are considered by many to be the best thing from the sea for their sweet, delicate and unique flavor. We think you'll agree. Yes, absolute no shell. Yes, you can eat the entire crab! Yes, we fully clean them for you. Yes, they're always in season and of course, you'll absolutely love them! A nice and easy way to enjoy a delicious dinner. Not much preparation but a whole lot of excitement and flavor. Turn your normal dinner into an awesome dinner!
- 6 Soft Shell Crabs
- 1½ Cups All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1½ Cups Cornmeal
- 1 TBSP Sea Salt
- 2 TSP Black Pepper
- 2/3 Cup Clarified Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled / whole)
- Start with thawed and dressed soft shell crabs.
- Sift the all-purpose flour and then mix with cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Dredge soft crabs in the flour mixture and gently shake off excess.
- Over medium-high heat, sauté clarified butter and cloves of garlic to infuse the butter.
- Sauté crabs for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown (or internal temperature reaches 160°F).
- Place soft crabs on wire rack or paper towel-lined tray for one minute to drain.
- For quick plating, serve sautéed soft crabs with a vegetable and starch.