- 2 - 3 Oz Gluten Free Crab Cakes, thawed
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Picked red cherry peppers
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Gribiche sauce or Tartar sauce
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cornichons (or pickles), finely chopped.
- 1 tsp Capers, minced
- 1 tsp Tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 Hard boiled egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat waffle iron to medium-high.
2. Place thawed crab cake in the middle of the waffle iron and gently close the top as the cake flattens out.
* Thaw under refrigeration *
3. Cook 4-5 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy.
4. Remove from the waffle iron and hold in a warm place while repeating the process with the other crab cake.
5. To serve, sprinkle the bacon and scallion on top of the waffle along with a tablespoon of the sauce Gribiche.
6. Serve with pickled peppers and maple Syrup on the side.
Gribiche Sauce Instructions
1. Combine the egg yolks, lemon, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the oil in a thin stream until a thick mayonnaise forms.
3. Scrape the mayonnaise into a bowl, add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.