- Handy Soft Crab (Jumbo or Prime), Thawed
- Tempura Batter (enough for 6-8 crabs)
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Four
- 1 Cup + 3 TBSP Cold Tap Water
- 1 Egg
- Combine flour, 1 cup water, and egg together in a small bowl with whisk…do not over-mix
- Add one TBSP of water at a time to achieve desired thickness of batter (it should cling loosely to the crab)
- Thaw soft crab & pat dry with a paper towel
- Dredge crab in flour and shake off excess
- Dip in batter, allow excess to drip off
- Place into hot oil – 350°F (in a deep fryer / shallow sauté pan)
- Cook until golden brown and crispy – cooking times will vary depending upon size of crab
- Place on wire rack or paper towel-lined tray for one minute
- Prepare one soft crab and pair with steak and a vegetable.
- The soft crab pairs well with other seafood entrees such as crab cakes, lobster, and fish.