Pan Seared Grouper with Cauliflower Mash
LEVEL: Easy 25 MINS 2 Servings
Create a healthy and fresh meal by pairing it with a cauliflower mash!
- 2 Grouper Portions or Fillets (6 or 8 oz.)
- 1 Pint Brussels Sprouts, Halved
- 1 Pint of Pearl Onions, Halved
- 1 Pint of Shitake Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- 1 Small Head of Cauliflower, Broken into Florettes
- 1 TBSP of Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Olive Oil to Taste
- Garnish with Sliced Chives
- Pre-heat skillet on medium heat.
- Lightly season grouper portions or fillets with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Sauté fish on each side for 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Sauté Brussels sprouts, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes in pan with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove vegetables from pan and add butter on low heat. Stir butter with juice from sautéed vegetables to make brown butter sauce.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook cauliflower until tender, about 8 minutes
- Drain the water and allow the cauliflower to cool slightly
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth
- Season with salt to taste
- Place portion of mashed cauliflower onto plate
- Place the pan seared grouper on top of the mashed cauliflower
- Gently layer sautéed vegetables on top of the fish and drizzle brown butter and chives